Introduction: Date Delight !!
Dates are an excellent source of iron and also packed with essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
They contain natural sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose which can significantly boost energy levels in people within half an hour of consuming it.
Health benifits of the date fruit are many, Which i would love to tell you about.... but you can as easily do a search on any of the search engins.
This is my first instructable, so do let me know how you find it.
Step 1: Ingredients, Supplies & Preparations !!
1) 1/2 kg Dates
2) 1 tablespoon Ghee/Butter
3) 100gms (10-12 pieces) Marie Biscuit
1) Non Stick Utensil
3) Aluminium foil
4) A Dish ( for mixing)
5) A Knife
6) A thick plastic wrap ( i recycled and used the bag in which i purchased sugar)
1) Remove the seed from all the dates and keep the cleaned dates aside.
Step 2: It All Starts With the Dates !!
1) In a non-stick pan, Heat Ghee/Butter and cook on medium flame.
2) When the Ghee/Butter starts to melt, add the cleaned dates and saute for 8-10 min till the dates soften to form one huge shiny lump.
3) Remove from the flame and transfer it in a separate plate. Let it cool down for 5 min.
Step 3: Adding the Biscuits !!
1) Randomly break the biscuits into medium pieces( or just break the biscuit into 4) and add it into the date mixture. Be careful from now on as you will be handeling the mixture with your bare hands and it will be quite hot.
2) Lay a square piece of aluminium foil and cut and place the thick plastic sheet on it in such a way that atleat a 2 inch border of the foil is seen.
3) Roll the entire mixture into one tight & thick cylinder.I used the plastic sheet to make this process easier.
4) Make sure that your roll is longer than the plastic sheet and reaches onto the foil.
5) Twist the foil on the edges in opposite direction for it to look somthing like the pictures.
6) Place it in the freezer for atleast 2 hours.
Step 4: Hogging Tyme !!
Take the mix out from the freezer and remove the cover.
Cut it into thin slices. Thinner the better.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
Note: This can be made well in advance and can be stored for a very long time.
It is a healthy and nutritive preparation which you can have as a snack or as a dessert. I tend to usually have it in my freezer for my unexpected guest at home.