Step 1: What You'll Need
(2) ramekins that are oven safe
(1 tbsp) butter
(1 tbsp) all-purpose flour
(1/3 cup) whole milk
(1 1/2 oz) bittersweet chocolate chips
(2) egg yolks
(2) egg whites
(1 tsp) pure vanilla extract
(2 tbsp) sugar
Extra sugar and vegetable oil
For the Chocolate Sauce:
(4 oz) bittersweet chocolate chips
(1/3 cup) crème fraîche
(1 tsp) butter
Pinch of salt
Step 2: Preparing the Ramekins
2. Add the extra sugar to the ramekins. Make sure the sugar fairly coats the ramekins. Set aside.
Step 3: Making the Batter (part 1)
2. Change to low heat and add your flour. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Switch back to medium-high heat and add your milk. Let it boil.
4. Add chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until melted.
5. Add egg yolks. Stir, then set aside
Step 4: Making the Batter (part 2)
2. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add sugar gradually.
3. Keep beating until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 of the egg whites to the chocolate mixture. Fold with rubber spatula until combined. Add the chocolate mixture to the rest of the egg whites and fold until combined.
4. Put batter into ramekins. Put in oven for 15-18 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius.
Step 5: Making Chocolate Lava
2. Add the chocolate chips. Stir until melted.