This recipe took me about a week of tasty trial and error to create. I set out to create an ultimate hot chocolate recipe.
It's awesome in kind of a romantic way. It wants to take you out on a date and be a gentleman. It wants to buy you roses and lay you down by the fire. It's hot hot chocolate is what I'm trying to say. It is both literally and figuratively hot chocolate.
Here is what you will need. Be warned! This is the ultimate hot chocolate. Therefore altering it will, by definition, be a lesser form of hot chocolate. If you make this hot hot chocolate recipe and you alter it I cannot be held responsible for the disappointment you will feel.
- A double boiler
- Hand blender
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 + 1/16 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 5 cups of organic whole milk