You'll want to get rid of the ice, won't you? Well, this is how its done. Laidback-style.
Keep in mind, we are dealing with water, water is wet, water is hard (if cold), and water may cause damage to property and so on. Your landlord might be a little grumpy if you spill a lot of water in your flat.
I have been instructed to tell you that:
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! IF YOU MESS THIS UP, IT'S ON YOU.
Now, lets get to "work".
Step 1: What You'll Need
Here is what I think you'll need:
- The freezer (preferably without food)
- A bucket
- Gaffers tape / duct tape / electricians tape (this actually works best)
- A refuse bag, the big sturdy kind.
- A bottle, empty. 1,5 liters will suffice.
- A can of Coke. Or two....
Step 2: The Freezer, the Bag and the Tape... and a Refreshing Can of Coke...
2. Turn the freezer off, and pull the plug. Have a sip of brown licuid sugar.
3. Open the freezer-door. Have a sip of brown licuid sugar.
4. Align the opening of the bag with the bottom of the opening on the freezer. Have a sip of brown licuid sugar.
5. Place a strip of tape over the full with of the opening, tacking the bag and the freezer together. Have a sip of brown licuid sugar.
6. Place another strip of tape a bit furher into the opening, parallell to the first, but this one a bit longer, so that it covers the the angles too. Have a sip of brown licuid sugar.
7. Make sure that the tapes seal the joint between the freezer and the bag, so that melting water or ice don't spill to the floor. We don't want that, do we now??
8. If you have a leak, use more tape. You can never use to much tape. Or, if YOU have a leak, use the bathroom...It's probably due to your excessive sipping.
Step 3: The Bottle and the Break.
Place the bottle upright in the bag, so that it keeps the opening...well, open, actually.
Now, let nature and physics do its work, and have a break. Do something else for a while. Have another Coke, maybe. If you want to, you can certainly stick around and watch. But this is like watching paint dry. Only more boring.
Step 4: Round Up the Herd...
Your freezer is probably free of ice, maybe a little wet, but still, free of ice.
A big bag of water and ice is lying on the floor. It is imperative that you resist the temptation of jumping on it. Seriously.
Now, you can either loosen the tape, and just toss the bag at someone. OUTSIDE! Or, you can pour everything into a bucket an show it to your roommates while nagging and complaining about all the hard work you've been doing while they were away.
Aaaaaand, we're done.