- About 2 frozen bananas
- A skimpy 1/4 cup of soy milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder
Step 1: Frozen Bananas
Bring home a huge hunk of bananas from the grocery store. Smoothie season IS banana season! They're on the cheap right now, so don't hesitate to induldge.
Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
Peel bananas and break them into 3-4 pieces, depending on size of banana.
Lay out banana pieces on baking sheet so that they are not touching.
Make room in your freezer. Freeze bananas for approximately 30 minutes, longer is fine.
Transport semi frozen bananas into a tupperware container with a good seal. Keep in freezer.
Laying them out on a sheet before hand will save you a lot of trouble when you go to get them out of the freezer to make your smoothies. Don't believe me? You will only skip this trick once.....
Step 2: Prepare the Smoothie
- Pick out about 6-8 pieces of banana, or two bananas worth from your frozen bananas, and place them in a microwave safe cup.
- Microwave for about 10-20 seconds to slightly soften. This will help your blender to process the fruit fully, and leave less chunks (if that is something that you are having a problem with).
Blend together the syrup and the bananas until all of the chucks are pureed.
Enjoy with your lover, friends, and/or family!