Step 1: Ingredients
1. Chocolate is a must. (You can use your favorite brand of chocolate. I prefer buying the 10 lb bars. I break them down into smaller pieces and melt them. )
2. You will need a mold to make the chocolate shell. (Michael's has some great molds to choose from.)
3. Truffle mixtures are what I used to fill the shells with. You can use other ingredients, such as frosting or peanut butter, etc ...
*One truffle mixture I used was made with an equal amount of chocolate and whipping cream. Another truffle mixture I used in the example, was made with cream cheese, white chocolate and whipping cream.
*These truffle mixtures stay a creamy substance. You can also add flavors to the truffle mixtures you make to spice things up.
4. Lastly, you will need something to decorate the top of your truffle cup with. I used fruits, nuts and chocolate shavings in the following examples.
Step 2: Making the Chocolate Shell
To make the chocolate truffle shell, you will need your melted chocolate and your shell mold.
1. Fill the whole cup of the mold with your melted chocolate.
2. Immediately after, dump the chocolate out of the mold. Allow it to drip out for a few seconds.
3. Wipe off the excess chocolate that is on the top of the mold.
4. Once the mold has been wiped off, place the mold upside down on a piece of wax or parchment paper.
5. Allow the mold to sit that way until the chocolate has completely hardened.