Chocolate Easter egg
- I chose to decorate an existing chocolate egg, mainly due to ease. But you can very easily also create the egg yourself from chocolate moulds. The egg I chose was a 100g Cadbury egg ($2.68) , I thought this size was large enough to paint while still looking elegant.Cooking chocolate
- you will need to buy white chocolate as this is the only type that can be mixed with the colouring powder. Preferable get the same brand of chocolate as the egg.Colouring powders
- these are what you add to white chocolate to make coloured chocolate. Quite essential for painting the egg. 8 Powder Colours (2g each) $12 for a set can be purchased from Choc Art
Other items:Paint brushes
- two sizes, large one for the base coat, smaller for detail.Cooking utensils
- muffin pan, wok, spoon, cup. These items can be improvised with other items I will explain in the next step.Clear plastic and ribbon
- used for wrapping the finished egg.