Introduction: Deep Fried Cordon Bleu Balls
It's like a Giant Gourmet, Cheese & Bacon stuffed, chicken nugget!!
Step 1: Things You Will Need
1 pound ground chicken (or boneless skinless chicken breast if you have a meat grinder)
1/2 package of Bacon (I used turkey bacon)
2 cups Shredded Cheese (I used Mozzarella)
2 cups Flour
2 TBSP corn meal
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tsp Pepper
2 tsp Garlic powder
Step 2: Assembling Your Balls
1. Cut bacon into small pieces, then cook thoroughly.
2. Place plastic wrap onto your work area ( i use a large cutting board).
3. Place a "golf ball sized" amount of chicken meat onto the plastic wrap, then fold the plastic over the
meat and flatten it into a patty about the diameter of a softball.
4. In a small bowl, place 1/4 cup cheese, 2 TBSP bacon, a dash or garlic, basil & lemon pepper,
then smash it all together into a ball.
5. Place the cheese ball in the middle of the chicken patty.
6. Use the plastic wrap to fold the chicken meat around the cheese ball, then press chicken meat
together to make a solid sphere.
7. Place in Freezer for at least 1 hour or until chicken has frozen solid.
Step 3: Cooking Your Balls
1. Heat oil in pan on medium/high heat.
2. Mix all wet "Breading" ingredients into a medium sized bowl
3. Mix all Dry "Breading" ingredients into a large sized bowl.
4. Place Chicken Balls into the flour mixture for a light coat.
5. Then place it into egg mixture and coat well.
6. Place egg coated ball into flour mix again and coat thoroughly.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6.
7. Cook in oil until golden brown
8. Place on paper plate to remove excess grease before serving.