Introduction: Deep Fried Spicy Chicken
Deep fried spicy chicken is an easy to make tasty and delicious dish. Here are the step by step instructions on how to make Deep Fried Spicy Chicken.
Step 1: Chicken
Clean about 500 grams of medium sized, skinned chicken pieces. Drain out all water and keep them in a bowl.
Step 2: Spice Mixture
- Red chilly powder: Three table spoons (adjust to your own taste)
- Turmeric Powder: Half table spoon
- Salt: One table spoon (Adjust to your own taste).
- Mixture of powdered spices popularly known as Garam Masala: Two to three table spoons
- Oil for deep frying. Here I have used about 300 ml of refined Rice Bran Oil.
- Lime and onion for garnishing,
Mix all the ingredients together. Do not add water or any other liquid.
Step 3: Mixing
Add the spice mixture in small quantities over the chicken pieces and pierce with a fork so that the spices can get into the chicken pieces. Use of additional fork or spoon will help in holding down the chicken pieces.
Step 4: Marinating
The picture shows the chicken pieces fully mixed with the spice mixture. Marinate the spice mixed chicken pieces for about an hour. Keep the bowl closed.
Step 5: Heat the Oil
Heat about 300 ml of cooking oil in a frying pan. I have used refined Rice Bran oil for deep frying.
Step 6: Deep Fry
when the oil is hot, drop each piece of marinated chicken gently in to hot oil and deep fry for about two to three minutes till the chicken pieces turn golden brown. You can fry five or six pieces at a time based on the size of your frying pan.
Remove from the pan and drain out excess oil. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with slices of onion and lemon.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.