Do you want to prepare something different for the evening with coffee ? Try deep-fried cauliflowers fritters. It takes about 30 to 40 minutes to prepare the snack and tastes so good, everybody will love to have more.
Here is the simple recipe to make deep-fried cauliflower fritters like a top chef.
Step 1: Prepare the Cauliflower
Fritters made with one large head of cauliflower will serve about four to five people.
- Take a large head of cauliflower and separate the florets, discarding leaves and stem.
- Take enough water in a bowl and add a handful of salt in it.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder in the water and mix well.
- Now add the cauliflower florets in the turmeric-salt water and let them soak in it.
Step 2: Flour for the Batter
Take about one cup of Chickpea flour and about 1/4th cup of rice flour in a bowl. Batter made with this much quantity of flour will be sufficient for the florets from one head of cauliflower.
Step 3: Other Ingredients
- Finely chop a handful of curry leaves and add to the flour
- Add about one and a half to two teaspoons of red chili powder
- Add one teaspoon of cumin seed powder
- Add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Add salt to taste
Step 4: Add Crushed Onions
- Cut one large size onion and make a coarse paste
- Add the onion paste to the flour in the bowl
- Mix everything together with a spoon
Step 5: Add Water
To make batter, add water in small quantities to the flour and mix well. The batter should not be very thick or watery. The batter in the second picture is very thick. After adding some more water, we have batter to the correct consistency as shown in the last picture.
Step 6: Dip the Cauliflower Florets in Batter
Take small quantities of cauliflower florets from the turmeric-salt water. After draining out the water, dip them in the batter. Do not dip more florets in batter as they will not be properly covered. Just take what is required for one batch of deep frying. Leave the rest in turmeric-salt water.
Step 7: Deep Fry the Dipped Florets
- Heat enough oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot enough, add the batter-dipped florets one by one to the oil.
- When the florets are half done, turn them over so that all sides are fried evenly.
Step 8: Remove From Oil and Serve Hot
Once the Cauliflower florets are completely fried, they will turn into dark brown in color.
Remove from oil and drain out excess oil from the fritters.
Serve hot with coffee. Your kids will love it...
Step 9: Few Tips
Do not add all florets to the batter as they will not be properly coated. Dip florets in batter as required for one batch of deep frying.
Remove small droplets of batter from the hot oil from time to time. Otherwise they will burn and spoil the oil.