Introduction: Delicious Mango Overnight Oats!
Recently my go to breakfast has been overnight oats. It is so easy to whip up a jar at night before bed, and grab it in the morning! Plus, they are very healthy for you! One of my favorite fruits is mango, so I'll show you how to make my favorite mango overnight oats.
Step 1: Ingredients and Supplies
You're going to need a couple things to make these oats:
- Mason Jar, or any airtight container
- 1/2c Oats (I used Quaker old fashioned)
- Milk (you can also use coconut milk, or any milk substitute if you are lactose intolerant)
- 1/3c Yogurt
- Frozen Mangos
and you're favorite BONUS INGREDIENTS:
- Chia Seeds! side note: chia seeds are super good for you and are filled to the brim with fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids, so add these if you can!
Step 2: Mix Everything Together
- Add your 1/3 cup quaker oats (this takes up about half of a regular sized mason jar for those who like to eyeball)
- Just a dash of cinnamon
- Add enough milk to get to the top of the oats, more if you like your oatmeal runny.
- Add a capful of vanilla.
- Mango time!
- Fill up the rest of your room with yogurt (I used plain greek yogurt)
- Stir it all up!
- Don't forget the Chia seeds!
- Stir it all up even more!
- Put a lid on it!
- Stick it in the fridge for 5+ hours
Note: It really doesn't matter in what order you add your ingredients to the jar, they get all mixed up anyways.
Step 3: Enjoy!
Now the best part: eating them! I really enjoy these overnight oats, because it means that I can go to sleep knowing that I have a delicious and healthy breakfast coming my way the next morning. They actually only take a couple of hours until they are ready to eat, and can keep for up to a few days, as long as they stay refrigerated!
Pro tip: add some honey to your oats right before you dig in, honey is also really good for you, plus it makes them a little sweet!
It is very easy to customize these, as long as you get your oats+milk+yogurt base. I eat them cold, but you can warm them up if you like.
Thanks for reading, and enjoy!