Introduction: Delicious & Quick Savory Breakfast Oat Bar
This tasty & easy to make, filling & savory breakfast oat bar recipe is meal prep friendly. It is perfect for any busy individual who needs a healthy yet tasty grab & go breakfast option early in the morning. You can also use the bars as snacks throughout the day.
These bars are packed with micronutrients from ample amounts of vegetables and 20 g of protein per bar from eggs, liquid egg whites, and grated cheese. Fiber from the the vegetables and rolled oats helps you stay full until lunch time.
This recipe makes total 10 servings and you can increase or decrease the portion size based upon your calorie and macro needs.
Calorie and Macro Information per serving (10 total): 237 calories, 6 F, 27C, 5 fiber, 4 sugars, 20 P
Ingredients: 1 container liquid egg white (907g) 1 tbsp turmeric, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning 1 tsp black pepper 1/2 tsp sea salt 6 medium eggs 270 g rolled oat 223 g raw red/yellow bell pepper 216 g raw zucchini 186 g raw portobello mushroom or any other mushrooms 118 g baby spinach or any other leafy greens 40 g shredded Parmesan cheese or any other cheese
Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
1. Measure out 270 g rolled oats in a large mixing bowl and add in the cheese. Mix very well with a spoon.
2. Add in raw veggies (spinach, bell pepper, zucchini, and mushroom) gradually and mix very well with hands. (Have fun!)
3. In a separate bowl beat 6 raw medium eggs and add in 1 full container of liquid egg white (907g). Mix very well with a fork.
4. Line a relatively large baking pan with non stick Al foil or parchment paper. Add in the raw veggie and oat mixture. Use your hands to flatten the mixture.
5. Pour in the egg mixture and add in more water to barely cover the solid mixture.
6. Add in spices (1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tbsp of garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, and Italian seasoning) and mix everything very well with a mixing spoon.
7. Bake in the oven for 55 min and you can take the bars out at 50 min mark, use a fork to test the readiness. If nothing sticks to the fork, then take out at 50 min or if it is not ready at 55 min, then add another 5 min. It should be ready between 50 to 60 min.
8. Let the bars rest for at least 30 min then divide into 10 portions. Store the oat bars in containers and they stay good for up to a week.
Just throw the bars into the microwave at high power for 1 to 1.5 min in the morning or during the day for snacks and then they are ready to go! You can also just eat them cold if you would like! Enjoy!
Hopefully you guys enjoy this recipe and for more tasty and healthy breakfast recipes below:
Check out my other health/fitness/recipe videos here: https://www.youtube.com/c/getfitwithmindynow
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.