Introduction: Delicious and Super Nutritious Dog Food
This receipe makes 24 portions of delicious and nutritious food for small dogs (probably less for medium and large breeds.)
This food beats anything you will find in a pet store. Our female dachshund can’t wait to be fed. Ever since we switched her from the store-bought stuff to this she lost some weight and her coat became shiny and smooth.
We feed her 1 piece in the morning and 1 in the evening so the food last for almost 2 weeks.
Total preparation time: approx 1 1/2 hour.
Step 1: Prepare Proteins
Protein content includes:
- 2 packages of ground beef
- 1 package of liver (alternative: 1 package of chicken hearts)
- 6 eggs
Step 2: Prepare Vegetables & Fruits
The vegatables/fruit package includes:
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 beet
- 1 green pepper (very important for the smell and taste)
- 2 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 lb of green beans
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 apple (peeled and without the core)
Step 3: Chop Fruits & Veggies in Food Processor
- Do it in batches depending on your food processor capacity. Add chopped content to the bowl with proteins.
- Add 1/4 cup of sunflower oil and 1 teaspoon of ground egg shells (we collect, dry them and grind them ourselves).
Step 4: Prepare the Baking Tray, Mix and Pour
- Prepare a deep baking dish (we use a thermal glass one which is 30 x 20 x 5 cm deep (12 x 8 x 2 inches deep). Grease it with coconut oil.
- Mix all proteins and vegetables/fruits well.
- Pour mixed bowl content into the dish.
Step 5: Put in the Oven
Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit). Place in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
Step 6: Take Out of the Oven
- Take out of the oven. Caution: the dish will be very hot so use oven mittens.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Divide into equal portions.
- Freeze in plastic bags or containers to serve your dog later.
Remember not to serve hot food to your dogs. Unlike humans their stomachs cannot process hot food. It is better to serve food that is too cold than too hot to your pets.