Introduction: Depression-Era Microphone Props
I made these depression-era isolation-mounted microphone props for my daughter's middle school production of "Annie". The mics were fabricated from ABS conduit , fittings, and plumbing parts. The microphone centers were kitchen drain inserts. The mic flags were made from ABS scraps with artwork made in Adobe Illustrator and printed on an inkjet printer. The stands were some old bases for torchiere lamps I had out in the shop. I "steampunked" them up a bit with the colors, which caught the lights beautifully on stage. They were a little bouncy from the spring mounts when I first assembled them, so I added some "wires" (sprinkler tubing attached with gold coaxial connectors) which deadened the movement nicely. Enjoy!
I finally added a photo of the microphones in use in the musical "Annie" at our local middle school. The show was great and I received a lot of compliments on the props!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.