Jack Daniel's Independence Project Contest Entry
Date of birth: Nov 10 1984
Thank-you to Instructables and Jack Daniel's for the opportunity. This 25,000$ prize would go a long way. I would be able to buy the machinery and materials necessary to begin manufacturing the custom controllers, and most importantly, be on track to independently pursue a business I am passionate about.
One minute is not much time to discuss the technical details, so I will include a few of them here for others who are interested in the project...
- Controllers are modular.
- They support USB-MIDI.
- Enclosure and body is currently being redesigned to be more professional and robust.
- The current Teensy Monster supports ~23 analog inputs, ~24 digital i/o, ~8 interrupts (for encoders). Plans are to develop a number of different Teensy Monster modules with different i/o configurations.
- The project is, and will always be, open source.
- All components are panel mount.
- No programming necessary - of course the code can easily be hacked and modified - it is written using the uber friendly Arduino environment.
- Pricing is dynamically updated while designing the controller using the web app.
- Pricing depends on which Teensy Monster, enclosure type, materials, or components you choose. A fully assembled controller will also cost more than a DIY kit.
- Ideally, anyone can follow the documentation to assemble the kit.