Introduction: Design a Pumpkin in Tinkercad
Harness the power of Tinkercad! Transform eight eggs and a paraboloid into a pretty pumpkin!
Step 1: View
Rotate view left.
Step 2: One Egg
- Drag one egg onto the Workplane. The egg can be found under 'Extras'.
- Holding down the ‘SHIFT’ key, click the rotate arrow and rotate the egg -90 degrees so that it is laying on its side.
Step 3: Many Eggs
- Reset view location.
- Duplicate the egg (Ctrl + D).
- Rotate it +45 degrees.
- Use the arrow keys to move it 10 mm left, and 5 mm toward the center.
- Press Ctrl + D six times.
- Select everything (Ctrl + A).
- Group (Ctrl + G).
- Press ‘D’ to drop the pumpkin down so that it is touching the Workplane.
Step 4: Resize
Use the white dots to resize the pumpkin.
You can make it short, tall, wide, or thin. Play around with the sizing until you find a shape that you like.
Step 5: Stem
- Drag a paraboloid onto the Workplane.
- Holding down the ‘SHIFT’ key, click the rotate arrow and rotate the paraboloid 180 degrees.
- Use the cone to move the stem up the z-axis, and drag it to the top-center of the pumpkin.
- Use the white dots to resize the stem (optional).
Instead of using the paraboloid, try making the stem out of other objects like the cylinder or the hexagonal prism.
Step 6: Alignment
To align the stem and the body of the pumpkin more precisely:
- Select both objects.
- Go to Adjust > Align.
- Look at the Workplane and click each of the two lines that crosses under the center of the pumpkin.
Step 7: Color
To change the color:
- Select an object.
- Go to Inspector > Color.
- Select a color.