Introduction: Design and 3D Print a Bubble Wand
These step-by-step instructions will guide you through the basics of creating a bubble wand using Tinkercad and preparing it for 3D printing.
Tinkercad is a free web based CAD program: www.tinkercad.com
Step 1: Create Bubble Wand Base
1. Drag and drop a box onto the workplane
2. Scale the box to about 100mm x 5mm
3. Adjust the height of the box to 2mm
Step 2: Create Top
1. Drag and drop a tube onto the workplane
2. Scale the tube to about 20mm x 20mm
3. Adjust the height of the tube to 2mm
4. Place the tube on one end of the base
5. Copy (ctrl+c) and paste (ctrl+v) the tube and align in desired pattern. Ensure that all tubes and base intersect slightly
6. When complete select the tube(s) and base (ctrl + a) and press group in the top right corner
You now have a bubble wand. Have fun, get creative and customize your bubble wand
Step 3: 3D Print
1. Select export in the top right corner
2. Download as an .STL
3. Upload .STL into a 3D printing software such as Print Studio
Step 4: Test It Out
1. To make some quick bubbles mix dish soap with water
2. Dip wand and blow some bubbles
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.