(3) Pieces of 12 in. x 12 in. sheet metal, any gauge will do
(2) Bearings with an inside diameter of 3/8 in. outside diameter of 7/8 in. and thickness of 1/4 in.
(2) Pieces of 12 in. x 12 in. plastic, any type will do
(1) Power drill with 1/8 in. and 3/8 in. and 7/8 in. drill bits
(1) 72 in. long piece of 1/8 in. brass rod
(1) 12 in. long piece of 3/8 in. brass rod
(1) Vise or clamp capable of making hems in sheet metal
(1) Band-saw or other cutting device to cut the plastic sheets
(1) Plank of wood 12 in. x 12 in. or larger to mount the Ferris wheel to
(1) Pair of aviation snips/sheet metal shears
(1) Hacksaw to cut the brass rod
(1) Bottle of super glue
Sheet metal brake to bend the sheet metal more accurately
Foot shears to make more accurate cuts in the sheet metal
Step 1: Cutting the Brass Rod to Length
First, mark out (8) 5 in. long pieces of 1/8 in. brass rod. Cut out all 8 pieces using a hacksaw or another cutting instrument.
Next, Mark out (1) 7 1/2 in. long piece of 3/8 in. brass rod. Cut out the piece using a hacksaw or other cutting instrument.
Optional: Use sand paper or another sanding instrument to make the ends of the pieces smooth