- Empty baby wipes container
- Scrap piece of aluminum (approximately 7.5"x5")
- 20oz Dasani water bottle
- 80mm PC fan with mounting screws
- SPDT switch (any switch will do)
- 9V AC/DC power adapter
- power connector compatible with your AC/DC power adapter
- Humidifier filter
- Small peice of scrap wire ( approximately 6")
- Dremel with fiberglass reinforced cutting wheel.
- Cordless drill
- 1/4" drill bit
- 5/32" drill bit
- jewelers file set
- Tin snips
- Hot glue gun
- Phillips head screw driver
- Soldering iron
- Laying out the Container
- Fitting the top plate
- Adapt the bottle
- Wire the electronics
- Final product
Step 1: Laying out the Container
Next we need to make a couple of 1/4" cuts into the front part of the lid. The area where the flip lid release button use to be. This is where the top plate will be fitted and helps hold it in place.
Along the left side of the container we need to create a vent. This is where the air will be drawn through the filter collecting the moisture. The plan is for the bottle to be on the left side of the container. First you want to measure about 1.5" up from the bottom then start drilling 1/4" holes into the side. The more holes you put in the better airflow you will have across the filter. I did 4 rows of 7 holes.
Don't forget to use your files or even some sand paper to clean up the cut and drilled edges.