I'm pretty sure that almost everyone of us had two main thoughts after watching Despicable Me 2:
- I loved it!
- I need one of those nacho sombreros, and I need it now.
Since finding a nacho sombrero in my local Mexican restaurant was harder than one would initially think, I decided to make one on my own! It came out pretty well, and it really tasted like tortilla chips!
Step 1: Ingredients
For the sombrero in the picture, I used the following ingredients. You may change the quantities if you want a smaller/bigger one.
- 150g of wheat flour (1 1/3 cups)
- 600g of cornstarch or, even better, cornmeal (5 cups)
- 450 ml of water (1 pint)
- 225 gr of margarine (1 cup)
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- Some oil to "paint" the sombrero before baking it.
- Salsa, guacamole, or your favorite dip!
You´ll also need something to make the sombrero shape. Newspapers and aluminum foil should do the trick.