Introduction: Destiny to Home REMEDIES
First Prize in the
Home Remedies Challenge
Traditional medicine (also known as indigenous or folk medicine) comprises knowledge systems that developed over generations within various societies before the era of modern medicine that are called as HOME Remedies.
Here I would like to brief you about different kinds of Home Remedies that can help you cure many day-today diseases and some deadly diseases prevalent on our globe.
Some diseases like:
- Dengue Fever
- Swine Flu
And some topics like:
- Turmeric as a remedy.
- Cinnamon uses as home remedy and at last..
- Some herbs and spices to be used for home remedies!
- Dont forget to add this awesome instructable to your favourites. :-D
Step 1: Steps to Combat Dengue Fever and Increase Blood Count in Body
Here are some Ayurvedic Remedies to Combat and keep Dengue fever away
- Neem leaves, Neem Oil are a great purifying agent and should be applied on a damp warm cloth in dosages of between (15 to 60) g 2-3 times daily.
- The leaves of the coriander can be taken in the form of a tonic to reduce the fevers in dengue.
- Fruits rich in vitamin C like amla (Embellica officinalis) are advised as vitamin C helps in better absorption of iron.Boiled tulsi that is basil leaves served in a warm drink like tea can help prevent an outbreak of dengue. This bitter and pungent herb has all the properties that strengthen the internal system against fever.
- Papaya juice is a natural cure for dengue fever. The juice of Papaya leaf is a sure cure for platelet deficiency.
Now to increase blood count in the body:
- To increase the blood count pomegranate juice/ black grape juice should be consumed.
Step 2: Ways to Combat Another Disease-Swine Flu
Swine flu is one of the most debated topic especially in India as the death toll has increased dramatically in the country.To save ourselves from this:
- . Have five duly washed leaves of Tulsi (Basil) everyday in the morning.It has a large number of therapeutic properties. It keeps throat and lungs clear and helps in infections by way of strengthening your immunity.
- Those who can take garlic, must have two pods of raw garlic first thing in the morning. To be swallowed daily with lukewarm water.It has diaphoretic, diuretic, expectorant, stimulant, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antifungal and antiseptic properties. In Ayurveda, garlic is often used in the treatment of cough, chronic bronchitis, ear infection, asthma, ringworm and indigestion.
- Aloe vera (gwarpatha) too is a commonly available plant. Its thick and long, cactus-like leaves have an odourless gel. A teaspoon gel taken with water daily can work wonders for not only your skin and joint pains, but also boost immunity.It not only help in boosting immunity but when taken internally aids in digestion and effectively cleanses the digestive system. Aloe vera works as a laxative which makes it easier for the food particles to pass through the intestine. Thus aloe vera helps those who suffer severe constipation problems!
- Have citrus fruits, particularly Vitamin C rich Amla (Indian gooseberry) juice.If the Indian gooseberry is not available,then packaged juice can also be consumed.
- Do Pranayam (yoga) daily (preferably under guidance if you are already not initiated into it) and go for morning jog/walk regularly to keep your throat and lungs in good condition and body in fine fettle. Even in small measures, it will work wonders for your body's resistance against all such diseases which attack the nose, throat and lungs, besides keeping you fit
- Even the health department of India is trying to control the spread of the disease naturally with Oseltamivir (Tamiflu) tablets. Govind Narayan, a naturopathy practitioner said, "If one boils branches of giloy (a plant which grows with support of neem tree) and consume it, it develops anti-bodies against swine flu. It is a preventive medicine. But, one has to identify giloy properly before using it." Studies have established that Giloy is an effective hypoglycemic agent, with the ability to reduce blood sugar and lipid levels considerably. This makes it very useful for treatment of type2 diabetes. Diabetics can consume giloy juice daily to lower blood sugar levels.
- Camphor keeps environment clean by killing germs and harmful bacterias present in the air.This is being related to the swine flu problem in India.It is being advised to smell camphor(when mixed with cardamom) to fight H1N1 virus.
Step 3: Cinnamon....a Gift of Nature As a Remedy
- Cinnamon is a highly delicious spice.
It has been prized for its medicinal properties for thousands of years.
- Cinnamon is Loaded With Antioxidants
Antioxidants protect the body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
Cinnamon Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Inflammation in the body is incredibly important. It helps the body fight infections and repair tissue damage. However, inflammation can become a problem when it is chronic (long-term) and directed against the body’s own tissues. Cinnamon may be useful in this regard, because some studies show that the antioxidants in it have potent anti-inflammatory activity
- Cinnamon Lowers Blood Sugar Levels and Has a Powerful Anti-Diabetic Effect
Cinnamon is well known for its blood sugar lowering effect.
Cinnamon when mixed with Honey has many surprising effects.If the mixture of cinnamon and Honey is consumed daily,then it result in lowering the cholesterol in the body and even lowering the bad triglyceride.
The use of this amazing combo for reducing hair loss is a topical treatment as it might help increase the blood circulation in your scalp, which could result in more hair growth.Paste Recipe: You need to make a paste with one tbs. of honey, one teaspoon of that awesome spice and some warm olive oil. Mix together and apply it to your head. Leave it on for about 15 minutes then wash the mixture out.
Honey and cinnamon are a great combination for a weight loss plan. Honey is rich in vitamins and minerals which raises energy levels and naturally suppresses psychological food cravings. Cinnamon on the other hand is useful to clean the system. When both are combined and taken together, it speeds up the metabolism and breaks down body’s fat faster.
Step 4: Turmeric As a Remedy
Turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for many thousands of years due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, antibiotic and anti-oxidant properties. Combined with milk, turmeric is often used to treat a wide variety of health problems and to promote good health in general.
Mix about a teaspoon of turmeric powder into a glass of milk.Drinking a cup of this mixture 2 to 3 times daily may reduce the effects of asthma.The potential medicinal effect of this mixture is doubled when it is taken on an empty stomach1/4th teaspoon of turmeric powder mixed in half a cup of warm water is also good for asthma.
- As turmeric has anti-microbial it can effectively treat various respiratory problems like asthma, bronchitis, lung congestion and sinus. This healthy drink can easily treat bacterial infections and viral infections.It is also thought to act as a natural "aspirin" for pain.
- Make a turmeric and aloe vera paste to care for burns. Mix equal amounts of turmeric powder and aloe vera together to create a paste.Apply this paste to the affected area to treat minor burns.This would help to cure the wound.
- Use turmeric to potentially inhibit the growth of colon cancer cells. Turmeric has been shown to have an inhibiting effect on the growth of colon cancer cells.
- Take turmeric to help combat the onset of Type II Diabetes in prediabetic patients. Taking turmeric may potentially help alleviate the development of diabetic symptoms.Try taking turmeric in a variety of different preparations, and adding it to your cooking as turmeric has potential health benefits.
- Cure for measles with sun dried turmeric roots. Sun dried turmeric roots can be ground into a powdered consistency. Again, check with your health care professional before trying this. Measles can be a potentially serious illness and requires expert medical attention.Add a few drops of honey and bitter gourd leaf extract to the turmeric and mix it into a paste.This may alleviate some symptoms of measles and if used everyday can help in curing it.
Use turmeric in the shower to help get rid of dandruff. Using turmeric in the shower can help contribute to good scalp condition and may reduce dandruff and flaking.Mix turmeric powder with an oil, such as coconut oil.Massage the mixture into your scalp.Let it rest for 15 mins and then shampoo.Following this practice regularly may alleviate dandruff and other scalp conditions.
Step 5: Some Herbs and Spices in General As Remedies!
Garlic: To make a dish tasty, often people use garlic. However garlic can be eaten raw to prevent many health problems. It has diaphoretic, diuretic, expectorant, stimulant, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antifungal and antiseptic properties. In Ayurveda, garlic is often used in the treatment of cough, chronic bronchitis, ear infection, asthma and indigestion.Garlic Can Combat Sickness, Including the Common Cold. The Active Compounds in Garlic Can Reduce Blood Pressure.Garlic May Help You Live Longer
Effects on longevity are basically impossible to prove in humans. But given the beneficial effects on important risk factors like blood pressure, it makes sense that garlic could help you live longer.
Oregano: Both fresh and dried oregano leaves have medicinal properties. Oregana has carminative, stomachic, diuretic, diaphoretic, expectorant, antibacterial, antioxidant, antimicrobial and mild tonic properties. Plus, it is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals like magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, calcium and potassium. It is used to treat common cold, menstrual cramp, asthma attacks and different types of cancer.
Black Pepper: It is probably the most popular spice in the world. Apart from turning a bland dish into an exciting meal, black pepper provides many health benefits due to its impressive antioxidant and antibacterial effect. Also it is an excellent source of manganese and vitamin K, a very good source of copper and dietary fiber, and a good source of iron, chromium, and calcium. You must include black pepper in your diet to improve digestion and promote intestinal health.
Ginger: Another ingredient commonly used in cooking is ginger which also has immense health benefits. Ginger helps stop nausea and relieves heartburn and bloating. It is also used to treat headaches, colds, menstrual cramps and flu-like symptoms. The medicinal benefit of ginger comes from it anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antifungal, antiseptic, antibacterial and antiviral properties.
TIP:AN apple a day keeps the doctor away.AND Eat Carrot for a far better EYESIGHT !
Try to have a healthier basket when you go next time for Shopping....
Thank YOU :-D
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.