Introduction: Destiny to Indian GAMES !!
ITS BETTER TO PLAY OUTSIDE RATHER THAN ALWAYS PLAYING COMPUTER GAMES
Here I would like to brief you about 2 GAMES prevalent in India and HOW TO PLAY them.
The 2 GAMES are:
• Kite Flying /Homemade KITE Very easy to make.
A real kite, on one hand is difficult to make though flies very well .Here I would like to make a lesser known kite that is easier to make (TAKES 5 MINUTES TO MAKE) But flies great only in Wind.Not Successful without wind.Does not require any special skill.
• Pithoo also known as Satoliya
THIS is an interesting game.Can be played with any number of people.A pile is made out of stones that are to be hit by a tennis ball .
DON't forget to add this awesome instructables to your favourite....:-D
Step 1: MAKING THE SIMPLE KITE !!
For Making the very simple kite, you will need:
- An A-4 Size sheet
- A pen
- A single string used in normal kite
- Take an A-4 sized sheet
- Fold it in a fashion as specified in the image.(Keep the paper in landscape and fold equally from both the sides leaving about 2 cm of space from the middle)
- Take a pen and use it to make holes in the paper on both the folded sides
- Now you need to take a piece of string (of your arm's length and pass it through holes as in image and tie a simple knot above to make a kind of loop.
- Now take the remaining string and tie it with the loop as specified in image.
- At last give a simple fold as in the image for better balance
- Now you are ready to roll it up in SKY !!!
TIP:Do the same thing and you can even tie a paper plane with the string(That does not fly as good as the kite I have made)
MAKE THE KITE OUT OF A BEAUTIFUL SHEET SO IT LOOKS GREAT IN SKY RATHER THAN JUST A PAPER.....:-p
I am using a used A-4 sheet because we should also be sustainable towards our mother EARTH and Dear plants, WHILE EVEN PLAYING ;-D
Step 2: Pithoo Aka Satoliya
A pithoo Is made by piling up stones of different sizes which are to be hit by HITTING TEAM.
THERE ARE 2 TEAMS
HITTING TEAM also known as Attackers
Fielders also known as DEFENDERS
THERE should be equal number of players
TIP:More players ,More fun
- A tennis ball or substitute(Not too hard)
- Stones or substitute
TO START THE GAME:
- To decide who shall take the attacking role first, a coin is tossed.
- Seven stones or any of the substitutes should be on top of each other as a pile within a circle. The defending team will take their positions for the fielding purpose. The position of fielding team will be wicket keeper who will be standing behind the stones and others around the stones randomly as fielders stand in cricket. All the players belonging to the attacking team will be taking their position behind the crease line in an appropriate distance away from the pile of stones.
- The attacking team will be getting three chances to hit the pile of stones with the ball in either of the ways i.e. underarm or overarm , to knock the pile of stones and has to hit it in 3 chances.
- IF not,then the attackers and defenders change their role and vice versa with one point to the defending team in the case of worst aiming skills of the attacking team.
- Opponent player catches the ball in one tip and stones are not destructed then the player will be out and the next player will come.
- If the opponent player can not catch the ball and stones are also not destructed, then he will get another chance up to three. After three chances he will be out and the next player will attack.
- If the opponent player catches the ball and also stones are destructed,then the result of 4th step of changing role would be followed.
- The opponent player can not catch the ball and the stones are destructed, then the real game begins :-D
- The aim of the attacking team is to rearrange the pile of stones and then shout out ---->"PITHOO"
- If they succeed doing that, their team gets a point and they get a chance to throw ball again. But, if all the players are OUT, then the defending team will get a chance to hit the ball and will gain a point.
- Fielding team cannot run while having ball in the hand, they can pass the ball to their teammates.
If attackers are able to arrange stones back they will get one point and players would be back in game who were declared OUT.
If defenders are able to hit the ball to any one of batting team member then whole team will be out and defenders would be attackers.THEY DO NOT GET A POINT FOR DOING THIS.
The team which scores 5 points first will be winner.
SIMPLE SKILLS REQUIRED ARE:
- Throwing the ball
- Evading the ball
- Building the pile of stones
- Distracting the opposite team from building the pile
HAVE FUN PLAYING THESE INTERESTING GAMES