Step 1: Ingredients
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup dill, fresh, stems removed
1/8 red onion, peeled
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 jar of salmon roe
Step 2: Boil The Eggs
2. When done, run cold water over the eggs until they are cool to the touch. Crack the larger ends, where the natural air bubble is. Add to an ice bath for 15 minutes before attempting to peel.
3. When peeling, start with the cracked ends. The trick is to go slowly- if a shell is sticking, crack it more and add it back to the ice bath.
Step 3: Prepare the Filling
5. Divide the onion into quarters and slice each down the root. Mince one of the quarters, stopping halfway down the onion.
6. Set half the minced onion aside for garnish, and put half in a medium bowl.
7. In the same bowl, add the 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, and paprika. Whisk thoroughly.
Step 4: Make and Pipe the Filling
9. Crush the yolks into the Greek yogurt filling, and blend until creamy.
10. Add the filling to a piping bag with a small, star shaped tip.
Alternatively, turn a zip lock bag into a piping bag by cutting a small centimeter sized hole in one quarter, pressing a piping tip in, and turning it on the diagonal.
11. Pipe each egg with a swirl.