Introduction: Deviled Eyes
Deviled eggs decorated like bloodshot eyeballs! Serve up these devilish delicacies at your next do. Wasabi gives these creepy crudites an extra eye-popping shot of WOW.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 3 teaspoons unseasoned rice-wine vinegar (white wine vinegar will also work, but provides a very different flavor profile)
- Dash Salt
- Sliced green olives with pimentos
Step 2: Hard Boil Eggs
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan.
- Add enough cold water to cover eggs by about 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, and remove from heat.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Prepare an ice-water bath.
- Drain, and transfer eggs to ice-water bath until cold.
Step 3: Mash Up
- Peel eggs, and halve lengthwise.
- Transfer yolks to a medium bowl, and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Stir in mayonnaise, wasabi, vinegar, and salt.
Step 4: Decorate
- Pipe or spoon filling into whites.
- Garnish with paprika and sliced olives.
- For a creepier effect, replace paprika with hot sauce, cocktail sauce or red food coloring, and paint on veins radiating from the centers outwards!