Step 1: Prepare
- 1 box Duncan Hine's Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 can unseasoned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cupcake tin
- cupcake tin liners
- non-stick spray (I love this pricey one from Williams-Sonoma because it has no taste and really works well because it has tiny specs of flour in it)
- confectioner's sugar (a few pinches)
- a mixer of some sort (hand, cuisinart both work well)
Pre-heat oven according to the regular cooking directions on whatever type of devil's food cake mix and baking pan you use. The metal cupcake pan and mix show here call for a 350 degree oven. You might as well line the cupcake tins with the liners now and be sure to spray them with your non-stick spray of choice.
Step 2: Combine
Be sure to add the pumpkin a little bit at a time as it's very dense and hard to blend if you don't go slowly. We added the full can's worth in about 3-4 doses.
Step 3: Bake
Bake according to directions provided on the devil's food cake mix and check to ensure the middles are just cooked through with a toothpick or fork.