This recipe is an easy to prepare dessert that's rich enough to satisfy the greatest of chocolate cravings. Made with only store bought devil's food cake mix and plain pumpkin, it's easy to make this dessert it's high in fiber and adds no oil, butter or egg. The pumpkin taste is so subtle, you can hardly tell it's there and it somehow really enhances the chocolate flavor of the devils food! Yummy!
Step 1: Prepare
You will need:
- 1 box Duncan Hine's Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 can unseasoned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cupcake tin
- cupcake tin liners
- non-stick spray (I love this pricey one from Williams-Sonoma because it has no taste and really works well because it has tiny specs of flour in it)
- confectioner's sugar (a few pinches)
- a mixer of some sort (hand, cuisinart both work well)
Pre-heat oven according to the regular cooking directions on whatever type of devil's food cake mix and baking pan you use. The metal cupcake pan and mix show here call for a 350 degree oven. You might as well line the cupcake tins with the liners now and be sure to spray them with your non-stick spray of choice.