- 3D printing has limitations on size cannot be too big or have parts that too small with no support.
- Projects with large overhangs and sharp corners can cause problems.
- Support material and raft can be difficult to remove and needs to have some thought in the design process.
- Parts that fit together like the lid, do need some clearance.
- Projects needs to exported as a STL file
- On Prodesktop you cannot import a STL file
Also the slot where the lid fits had support material that had to be removed, this also was very difficult as it was trapped in the slot.
much of this could be avoided if the lid was a little thicker, and the slot a little bigger
If you haven't seen project one, take a look as it covers where to get the Prodesktop, how to activate the software, how to navigate the screen, what you will need and the mouse functions.
Digital Manufacturing - project one Key tag
Digital Manufacturing - project two desk name plate
Digital Manufacturing - project four laser cut box
Digital Manufacturing - project five printed toy car
As computer tutorials don't translate to text very well, for this series of instructables most of the info is in the photos. So click on the first photo and use the arrows to go to the next photo. The boxes in the photos show the location of the icons and have have text in them when you hover the mouse on them.