Digital Picture Frame can show images with access to a micro SD card. This project uses 4D Systems, Gen4 uLCD-43DCT-CLB for its display module. Digital Picture Frame is a simple project that can be used as a display for home or offices. Users can personalized each project, they can edit different frames in the project and even change its orientation depending on user preference.
The whole system runs automatically by the program.
Step 1: Components
- Gen4 uLCD-43DCT-CLB
- FFC Cable
- uSD Card
- 4D Systems’ Programming Cable
Step 2: Creating the System
- If you are using gen4-IB and μUSB PA-5, connect the display to your computer as shown in the first image above.
- If you are using gen4-PA board,connect the display to your computer as shown in the second image above.
- Open the project using Workshop 4.This project uses the Visi-Genie Environment.You can modify the properties of each widget.
- Download the project file here.
- You can download Workshop 4 IDE and the complete code for this project from our website.
- Click on the Compile button. (This step could be skipped. However, compiling is essential for debugging purposes.) *shown in Image3
- Connect the display to the PC using μUSB-PA5 and a mini USB cable. Make sure that you are connected to the right port. Red Button indicates that the device is not connected, Blue Button indicates that the device is connected to the right port. *shown in Image4
- Then click the “Comp’nLoad” button. *shown in Image5
- Workshop 4 will prompt you to select a drive to copy the image files to a μSD Card. After selecting the correct drive, click OK. *shown in Image6
- The module will prompt you to insert the μSD card.
Step 3: Demonstration
Properly unmount the μSD Card from the PC and insert it to the μSD Card slot of the display module. The image above must appear on your display after completing the steps above.
Now you can enjoy your Digital Picture Frame