Since I needed to know the RH in my "wine cellar" refrigerator (where I ripen my homemade cheeses), I needed an outside probe for measuring the RH.
This instructable describes the easy steps it takes to accomplish this.
Step 1: What you need
- a length of (preferably) shielded cable (e.g. from an old PS-2 mouse).
- cap of empty cutter blades box (see pic in step 3, anything similar will do).
- drop of super glue (10 seconds glue).
- soldering iron.
- hot glue gun.
- small screw driver.
- cutting knife.
Step 2: Preparation
- turn around the thermo/hygrometer and remove the back cover.
- find an unused PS-2 mouse and remove its cable, cut of the PS-2 connector. Any other thin cable with 2 wires will do. If more than 2 wires, cut off the extra ones.