This is simply a method of turning a black and white digital image into a large heart-shaped fabric throw that can be made of any two fabrics of your chosing.
I made mine for use with the Inflatable Love seat.
Step 1: Go get stuff
- A computer with Photoshop
- A black and white printer
- 60 sheets of paper (give or take)
- Masking tape
- Tracing Paper
- 200 beaded pins
- Thread (to match fabric)
- Fabric for foreground color (as large as you want to make your heart)
- Fabric for background color (as large as you want to make your heart)
- A sewing machine
- A sewing needle
- Photoshop file (see below)
Step 2: Black and white.
Create a new layer behind the layer entitled "heart border."
On this layer create the black and white image that you want to turn into a large fabric throw. The ideal image would be simplified and ideally consist of one large inter-connected shape. At the very least it should not hundred of small shapes. The fewer ___ pieces there are, the easier it will be to sew later.
If you are not a competent artist, but want to make something that looks nice see the next step on how to posterize a photo with decent results. Competent digital artists can skip that step.