This instructable describes a shield, which converts "Arduino" board in a digital multimeter (DMM).
The shield can be inserted on "Arduino" UNO und Duemilanove boards. It can work in three modes:
- standalone - the measurement data can be seen at the character or graphical LCM
- connected - the measurement data can be read on the PC screen using the "Arduino" IDE "Serial monitor"
- combined - the data can be observed on both devices
The second mode does not require the presence of LCM, what makes the shield very cheap.
The "Arduino" based DMM has the following functions:
- voltmeter with 3 ranges : 0-10V; 0-30V; 0-100V
- amperemeter - it has a range 0-500mA
- ohmmeter with 2 ranhes : 0-1KOhm, 0-250KOhm
- diode, LED, connectivity checker
- LED functionality tester
- NPN BJT Beta meter