Introduction: Dimmable Led Array
This project achieves three main objectives:
- Read an analog value from a potentiometer
- Write an analog value to each led
- Vary the brightness of each led based on the potentiometer input
- 5 leds
- (5) 220 ohm resistors
- Arduino UNO
- 10 to 15 wires
Step 1: Connect Leds
Connect the five leds as follows:
- connect each short leg to a resistor leading to ground
- Connect the positive leg (long leg) to pins 5, 6, 9, 10 , and 11 on the Arduino
Step 2: Connect Potentiometer
Connect the left leg of the potentiometer to the (+) rail of the breadboard.
Connect the middle leg of the potentiometer to pin A0 on the Arduino.
Connect the right leg of the potentiometer to the (-) rail of the breadboard.
Step 3: Connect Power and Ground
Connect the (+) rail on the breadboard to the +5v pin on the Arduino.
Connect the (-) rail on the breadboard to the gnd pin onthe Arduino.
Step 4: Code
Using an Arduino IDE upload the provided code to the Arduino. Enjoy.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.