kid friendly craft!!!
Time: 30 mins
Step 1: Preparing the Crayons for Melting
2. In pictures 3, 4 and 5 My children peeled crayons, broke them in half and places them in the dinosaur mold.
3. The last picture shows the mold finished and ready for the oven. We stuffed as many crayons as we could fit since it does melt down and becomes half the size of the molds depth once it's finished.
Step 2: Melting the Crayons
2. I placed the crayon mold on a cookie sheet ....just incase anything spills.
3. After oven is preheated I place the cookie sheet with the crayon mold in the oven for about 10-15 Minutes until crayons were melted.
4. I checked the progress often since different crayons could melt at different temps.
Step 3: Cooling the New Crayons
2. I let them cool for about 10 minutes before preceding to the next step.
Step 4: Finishing Steps
2. I put the dinosaurs in zip lock bag. (I've made these for my prize box, classroom, birthday gift, kids to color, etc. )
3. Pintrest has great ideas on other crayon molds and ways to make them.
4. I bought the dinosaur mold on ebay for under $10 dollars.