Introduction: Dinosaur Crayons
An easy way to recycle broken crayons to make custom dinosaur crayons!!!
kid friendly craft!!!
Time: 30 mins
Step 1: Preparing the Crayons for Melting
1. The first two pictures shows the materials I used to make the dinosaurs crayons.
2. In pictures 3, 4 and 5 My children peeled crayons, broke them in half and places them in the dinosaur mold.
3. The last picture shows the mold finished and ready for the oven. We stuffed as many crayons as we could fit since it does melt down and becomes half the size of the molds depth once it's finished.
Step 2: Melting the Crayons
1. Preheat oven to 250
2. I placed the crayon mold on a cookie sheet ....just incase anything spills.
3. After oven is preheated I place the cookie sheet with the crayon mold in the oven for about 10-15 Minutes until crayons were melted.
4. I checked the progress often since different crayons could melt at different temps.
Step 3: Cooling the New Crayons
1. After crayons have melted I removed them from the oven and placed them outside to cool. (or refrigerator)
2. I let them cool for about 10 minutes before preceding to the next step.
Step 4: Finishing Steps
1. After the crayons have completely cooled I pushed/popped them out one by one.
2. I put the dinosaurs in zip lock bag. (I've made these for my prize box, classroom, birthday gift, kids to color, etc. )
3. Pintrest has great ideas on other crayon molds and ways to make them.
4. I bought the dinosaur mold on ebay for under $10 dollars.
Step 5: Visit Us
Visit us at Thefarmhousewitch.com to see how all our products are made!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.