If you also like those cute "Mini Pig" flashlights, have a look at my other instructable Dancing Vibro Pig!
The heart of DiskoPigs is a hacked MiniPOV. I didnt want to take my original MiniPOV so I built it on a perfboard, but you can just use your MiniPOV-Kit from Ladyada to make it. Basically I substituted the LEDs with the Mini Pig Flashlights, changed the code a little bit and mounted everything on an old record disc for the disco feeling.
Unfortunally I forgot to take photos, but I'll try to recover the way I built the DiskoPigs.
Step 1: Parts and Tools
- 8 Mini Pig Flashlights (Dealextreme)
- MiniPOV Kit (Adafruit)
- if you have the MiniPOV Kit with 100 ohm (brown black brown) resistors you should substitute R1 to R8 with 47 ohm (yellow purple black) resistors to get a brighter light
- old record disc or similar
- Soldering iron and solder
- small drill
- Diagonal cutters
- Hot glue gun
- optional: Handy Hands / Third hand tool
- Computer with serial port or USB/Serial converter