A tutorial explaining how to build your own coilgun from some disposable camera's flash circuits.
It doesn't require much money (if any), but you need some basic soldering skills and electronics knowledge to finish it successfully...
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me!
Step 1: Getting the Parts
What do you need
- About 5 disposable cameras (used) with flash circuit (you can probably get them for free at your local photo-store if you ask nice)
- A soldering iron
- Some wire
- A plastic ballpoint-pen, ink tube removed so you only keep the hard outer plastic tube
- A light-switch
- Electrical insulation tape
- Plenty of enameled magnet wire (ca. 0,5mm diameter)
- Some soldering skills and some electronic knowledge