WARNING!!! DRINKING PURE EVERCLEAR IS EXTREAMLY DANGEROUS!!! EXCESSIVE USE CAN RESULT IN BLINDNESS OR DEATH!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY USE OR ABUSE OF ANYTHING IN THIS INSTUCTABLE.
Step 1: Materials
2. stand to hold beaker (optional)
3. Glass beaker
4. Collection cup
5. Glass tubes
6. thermometer (preferably one with a broad range)
7. Rubber Cork (with holes to allow for tubes and thermometer)
8. Ice (or other means of cooling)
Step 2: Build Basic Distillation Setup
1. Plug the top of the beaker with the cork.
2. Insert thermometer and tube (leading to the collection cup)
3. If you have the stand then use it to hold the beaker over the hotplate (or on it)
4. Set up the collection cup and the tube leading to it with your cooling system (or have the ice on stand-by).
Step 3: Operation
1. Fill beaker with vodka
2. Turn on hotplate
3. When thermonitor reaches about 174.5 degrees fairenhiet (the thermonitor should be positioned at the top) then your cooling system should be condensing the alcohol (of if your using ice, then you should be franticly trying to cool down the tube)
4. when the vodka stops boiling but remains at 174.5 degrees (at the top) then turn off the hot plate and let cool.
5. When the beaker is cool, taste the vodka in the beaker to see if it still has alcohol, if so, repeat process.