Introduction: How to Make Tortilla Club Sandwich
In this instructable I will show you how you can make a divine Turkey Tortilla Club Sandwich. In this club sandwich we combine old school classic ingredients like lettuce, tomato, turkey and boiled egg but also add bacon, cheese and a fried egg. And off course we use tortillas instead of bread.
The Turkey Tortilla Club Sandwich consists of three layers with vegetables, poultry and egg, which makes it a great lunch dish. You can also turn it into a satisfying dinner dish by adding for example some oven baked potatoes and a salad.
Step 1: Overview
To make the club sandwich start with boiling an egg and cutting the tomato. Next, make some hot mayonnaise by combining one table spoon of Sriracha with about a spoon and a half of mayonnaise.
Then take 3 quality flour tortillas per club sandwich. You can use store bought flour tortillas or home made (see instructable) Make sure to warm the tortillas in a pan but prevent them from going crispy. So heat a pan to medium heat and put a tortilla in. As soon as you see the tortilla puff up then turn the tortilla. When it gets some brown patches the tortilla is done.
Pan fry the turkey natural or add spices you like. Then I start the layering process and add the following ingredients on top of each other: tortilla, Iceberg lettuce, pan roasted turkey, hot Sriracha mayonnaise, tortilla, cheese, bacon, tomato, hot Sriracha mayonnaise, boiled egg or fried egg, tortilla This is how I make them but you can easily add or subtract ingredients. Think about adding cucumber or guacamole or roast beef or salmon.
For my version with the fried egg I cut a hole in one tortilla the size of the egg yolk. Put the tortilla with the whole on top so you can see the egg yolk through the hole. Put the cut out tortilla lid on top. Serve this divine turkey tortilla club sandwich in one piece or cut it in four pieces like with a classic club sandwich. This dish is great, tasty, delicious but most of all divine. Here you go ready to eat.
Step 2: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the divine turkey tortilla club sandwich? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 3: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3 flour tortillas, store bought or home made (see instructable)
- 200 grams Turkey
- 1 tomato
- iceberg lettuce
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Sriracha
- 1½ tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Step 4: Instructions
- Boil 1 egg (approx. 7 minutes for a hard boiled egg).
- Slice the egg in small strips.
- Slice the tomato in small strips.
- Make some hot mayonnaise by combining 1 tablespoon of Sriracha and 1½ tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Put some vegetable oil in a skillet and pan fry the turkey. Add some spices to your like e.g. paprika powder or garlic powder.
- Pan fry the bacon and let it drain on a paper towel.
- Fry the egg and set it aside on a plate.
- Warm all the flour tortillas in a medium to hot pan. Do not use any baking product.
- Plate up the first tortilla club sandwich.
- Start with a tortilla, lettuce then the turkey, hot mayonnaise, then another tortilla more lettuce, cheese, bacon, tomato, hot mayonnaise and the fried egg.
- In the final tortilla cut a hole and add the cut out piece on top of the egg yolk. Put a bamboo skewer in the club sandwich to hold it together.
- Plate up the second tortilla club sandwich.
- Start with a tortilla, lettuce then the turkey, hot mayonnaise, then another tortilla more lettuce, cheese, bacon, tomato, hot mayonnaise and slices of egg and the final tortilla.
- Now put two bamboo skewers in the tortilla so you can cut it in half. Then add two more skewers so you can again cut the halfs of the club sandwich in half.
Step 5: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.