I wanted to make some sort of blade out of the cutting edge of a tinfoil box. I realized though in order for this thin piece to be stiff it had to be held taught. So i decided to make a mini hacksaw out of it.
Step 1: Gathering Items
- 4 Popsicle sticks
- Tinfoil box edge cutter(the thingy used to cut tinfoil)
- Hot glue
Step 2: Flatten Blade
On the blade there are spokes coming out to hold on to the tinfoil box, we have to flatten them with pliers.
Step 3: Cutting Popsicle Stick
leave 2 uncut, and cut the other 2 in half
Step 4: Build
- Glue 2 halves to either side of 1 Popsicle stick
- Measure how long blade should be
- Cut blade
- Glue down blade on either side (try to make taught, we'll make even more taught later)
- glue 2nd pair of halves on top of the other ones to sandwich the handle and blade
- cut off excess wood sticking out beyond blade
- cut the last stick slightly longer than length of inside the handle
- place inside to keep blade taught
Step 5: Cut Stuff
Let it be useful!
Please vote for me.