I started this design in my head and with some small sketches on a piece of paper and many hours of visualizing and planning.
The tools and skills needed for this isn't much honestly. If you can use a hammer, drill, level, router and a saw your good to go!
The hardest part is going to be getting your angles correct for the 45 degree corner but if you doing a different design it will vary.
I kept this instructable somewhat vague as far as my dimensions so you can see HOW I actually did it. Giving dimensions is OK but every bar is different.
Good luck and enjoy! Shoot me a comment if you have a question and I can add pictures or explain.
Summary of materials:
- 3/4" Oak Veneer Plywood from Lowes.
- Solid oak boards for trim from Lowes.
- Oak Veneer Banding from Lowes.
- Standard wood glue
- Natural Bristle brush (3)
- Tack Cloth
- Minwax Satin Spar Varnish
- 3M Sandblaster Pro Sandpaper
- Screws (drywall is OK)
Summary of Tools:
- Nail Set
- Circular Saw
- Table Saw
- 4 Foot Level
- Router (can use a Japanese saw but would be hard to round the oak trim)
- Measuring Tape
Keep in mind this bar is built for my back room but don't let this stop you! Take your measurments and build a cut list and use the things I go over to build your dream bar!