Introduction: Do It All Door Hangers
- Some list things are the same everyday.
- Some list things change everyday.
- I forget my lists on the way out the door. (especially when grocery shopping)
- I don't have a fancy dancy phone to keep track of it all for me.
So, check out my new fangled invention!! (I KNOW this one is going to make me rich)..
It's a door hanger, that can do sooooooo much more :-)
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
- 1 old folder or piece of cardboard 3.5 x 13 inches (think the tops of amazon boxes)
- 1 small stack of post it notes
- Box cutter, x-acto knife, or scissors.
Mug, or cup who's top is about 2.5 inches in diameter.
(if your mug is bigger, make your door hanger wider)
- tape (I ended up using double sided tape)
- white glue
- piece of sand paper
- random paper from the recycle bin
Step 2: Making the Door Hanger
- Measure about 3.5 inches from the folding edge of your folder.
- Measure another 3.5 inches from the other side of the folder.
- Draw a line parallel to the edge of your folder going through your 3.5 inch marks.
- Cut along your line with a box cutter or scissors
- You end up with 3 tall skinny folder. ( I'm only using the one in this instructable... but you can make more for your friends)
- If your using just cardboard that's ok too (you just won't have the additional totally cool pocket feature) cut your piece of cardboard 3.5 x 12 inches (or longer).
- Flip your coffee cup upside down (after you have consumed the contents).
- Center it on your folder, about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch from the top.
- Cut out the hole, going through all layers of your folder.
Tape up the mini folder
If your folder had flaps on the inside, tape these up so you have mini folders... on the inside of your door hanger. I cut a piece of double sided tape in half to do this. These mini folders are great for receipts, cash, random pieces of paper.
Step 3: Add the Accessories
Take off the back sheet of your small stack of post-it notes
(this sheet seems a little sticker to me)
- I also added some double sided tape to this, for added security.
- Stick the post-it notes to the bottom of your door hanger!
Step 4: Decorate!
- On the top part you can add your list of things you have to do every day.
- On the post it notes... put the list of things that change. (you can conveniently take these with you :-) )
You can use the back of your door hanger as well! some suggestions:
- Out of the Office
- Out of my Mind
- No BOYZ allowed!!
- GO AWAY!
- Come on in ;-)
Scratch up the slick surface with some sand paper, you can now paint, or collage recycled office paper on your door hanger.
Step 5: No Lose Pen & Noise Maker Option! (optional)
- Tie some string to a pen...
Now tie the other end of the string to the door hanger.
Step 6: Ta Daa!
You now have a genuine one of a kind do-it-all door hanger!
Hang it on your door and get productive... or simply remind yourself how you NEED to get through that bon bon supply.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.