This dog leash is about 5 feet long but I would recommend finding something longer maybe 6 - 6 1/2 feet would be best. I also have a big body so for the smaller photographers 5 feet might be ok.
Don't worry if you still use the dog leash, we wont be cutting it.
Step 1: First Loop
1. place your hand through the handle loop of the leash
2. grab the leash with your hand
3. pull the leash through but not all the way.
Step 2: Second Loop
1. grab the latch on the leash
2. attach the latch to the leash just below.
Step 3: Attach to Tripod
1. place the first loop over the bottom
2. pull that loop tight
3. place the second loop over the top, make sure it is under any screws used for adjusting
4. pull that loop tight
Done... Now you can throw it over your shoulder or across your back for easy transport.