Funky travel hammock for you best friend! A cleaver way to keep your dog safe and your car clean(er)... If you live where there are laws about dogs being restrained in vehicles this is a great way to do it :)
This system uses the adjustable height headrests to support a heavy weight denim hammock, so obviously isn't suitable for vehicles which have fixed headrests. This hammock is secured with pockets cut into the denim and heavy duty cable ties, so there is no modification or damage to the vehicle!
Quick safety pointer: DO NOT clip your dog in by the collar, have a safety approved car travel harness!!!
Step 1: Things you will need!
For this project you will need;
- sewing machine (I would not recommend doing this by hand, not only would it take you forever, it would not be strong enough to support your dog safely)
- tap measure
- a helper (2 legged kind is good, reaching to measure can be tricky)
- heavy weight denim
- Dowel (heavier the dog the thicker the dowel)
- hand saw
- Hobby/craft/stanley knife
- heavy duty cable ties
- seat belt to dog clip adapter (from the pet store)