Today dog treats are used for training, rewards, and snacks.
Step 1: How to Make a Homemade Dog Biscuit of Your Own
Step 2: Ingredients
-1 cup of boiling water
-1 slice of turkey
-1/3 cup of melted margarine (Substitute: Butter)
-1 strip of bacon
-1 tsp. of granulated sugar
-1 cup of peanut butter
-1/2 cup of milk
-1 whole egg, lightly beaten
-3 cups of whole wheat flour (Substitute: Oat Flour)
As peanut butter, turkey, and bacon are optional; it is not needed to add into the mix. Peanut butter is a common allergen to dogs so be wary of how your dog reacts to it.
Raw meat is preferred, it allows easier digestion for the dog.
Step 3: What to Do
2. Place oats in bowl and pour boiling water on top. Mix and let stand 10 minutes.
3. Add melted margarine, turkey, bacon, peanut butter, egg, milk to the oat mixture. Mix well.
4. Gradually add just enough flour to form a stiff dough.
5. Knead dough for several minutes until it is smooth and not sticky, adding flour as necessary.
6. Roll dough to 1/2" thickness & cut into shapes (bone shaped cookie cutters are optional but give it a "dog biscuit" look).
7. Place cookies 1/2" to 1" apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until golden (check on cookies in 30 minutes to make sure that the bottoms aren't browning too much).
9. Let the cookies or biscuits (whatever you call them) cool for a minute.