This instructable shows how to make an adjustable dog collar from a lanyard.
Step 1: What you'll need
- A lanyard. These come in various widths but generally tend to be about the same length (around 75 cm or so). Pick one that's fairly wide as this will be the width of the collar, you don't want a thin strip that cuts into the dog's neck.
- A plastic side release buckle. Some lanyards, like the one shown here, come with one.
- A D ring. Lanyards generally come with a circular ring although some come with D rings.
- A strap adjuster.
- Scissors, or utility knife
- Needle and thread, or sewing machine
- Points and Sharps (cutting the lanyards and sewing)
- Fire (melting the ends of the lanyards)
About 15 minutes once you've gathered all your materials and tools.