Introduction: Dollar Store Pin Cushion
Sometimes it is just good to have the pins in one easy to reach place
and not having to worry about spilling them all over the floor. This is way I wanted to make this video for you all.
Have fun and craft on!
- Dollar store frame
- Vinyl with sticky back *Contact paper will work as well.
- Cutting tool
- Fiber Batting
- Glue gun *optional
Step 1: Template
- Taking the picture frame and a piece of paper to trace out the frame. If needed use a ruler to make sure the lines are straight.
- Measure the frame to see how thick the vinyl needs to be and mark that on the template.
- Add an extra half inch or more to the outside border, to use to wrap over the edge and onto the back.
- Cut out the template and make sure to keep the lines as straight as possible.
Step 2: Cutting Vinyl
- Place template over piece of vinyl, use tape if needed.
- Cut all sides and inner whole out using cutting tool and a ruler. This will insure your line will be straight.
Step 3: Placing Vinyl
- Remove backing from one corner of vinyl. Then line it up on the frame, making sure it stays straight.
- Smooth the vinyl out using fingers.
- Cut small slits at each corner before folding over the edge. Then smooth the vinyl into the back of the frame.
Step 4: Cutting Batting
- Batting is usually pretty thin, so folding it a few times will make it easier to get the thickness needed. Pillow stuffing can be used as well, but maybe more difficult to work with.
- Fold a strip in half and use the frame to measure how wide it needs to be. Trim off any extra.
- Fold two or three more times, the short way, to make it fits in the whole of the frame a is to the right thickness.
Step 5: Finishing Pin Cushion
- Flip the frame so that the back is facing up. Place the fabric face down over the frame. If needed center the fabric.
- Place the folded batting in the center. If the backing is not thick enough place the glass down then place the backing over that.
- Hold in place while pushing prongs into place.
- If using glue, tact the fabric to the backing.
- Cut away any extra fabric and not it is ready to use.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.