There is a short video of it in action on the last step.
Step 1: What You Need
- 1 Plush Domo, from ThinkGeek http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/ace3/
- 1 Optical mouse
- 6 small pieces of wire
- 2 tactile buttons. I used these http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G16901, but any should work
- 1 square LED for the tongue, optional
- 1 150 ohm resistor (Brown-Green-Brown stripes)
- a small piece of foam board
- brown thread
- hot glue gun
- soldering iron
- X-acto knife
- needle (to sew it up)
Step 2: Dissection!
Cut domo's seam with an X-acto knife. The second picture shows where to cut.
Step 3: Build the Mouse Circuit
Desolder the mouse buttons and solder in some wires. Solder the other ends of the wires to the other buttons.
If you want, solder wires to the red and black wires of the USB cable, and connect those through a 150 ohm resistor to the LED.
See the picture for a better wiring diagram.
Step 4: Assemble the Mouse
Cut a hole in the mouth for the LED tongue. If you make it small enough, it will stay put without any glue. Put the LED in.
Cut a hole for the mouse sensor on the back of Domo, and glue the foamboard down.
Finally, put the stuffing in and sew it up. You're done!
Step 5: Video
Thanks for looking at my instructable. Leave a comment and give me feedback. Also rate it and vote!