As a freshman, I get to pay my dues in an oh so spacious dorm. With space at a premium, I looked for ways to clear up the clutter. I decided to utilize my lofted bed to get all my hats up and out of the way. It's cheap, simple, and it only took about 5 minutes. Here's how you can do it too!
Step 1: Grab Materials
-A flimsy wire coat hanger
-Pliers if you want them (I opted for brute force)
Step 2: Mangle the Hanger
1) Crunch down the shoulders
2) Turn hook up at 90 degrees facing upward
3) Angle hook up away from the shoulders so the hanger sits flat on shoulders
4) Bend shoulders in
5) Create 2 more hooks with the shoulders
Step 3: Install
1) Get the mattress up out of the way
2) Place hooks in across bed springs
3) Put some hats up to "hang out"
Step 4: Enjoy Your Newly Saved Space!
As you might be able to tell, I still have a lot of things cluttered about, but hats aren't one of them.
This idea is fairly simple and you can modify it how you'd like. It could also be used for bags or really whatever your heart desires. Hope you found the instructable useful and its my first one, so feel free to give feedback. Happy hanging!