Introduction: Dotted Tissue Paper Lantern
Looking for a fun way to jazz up regular paper lanterns? Break out the Collage Pauge™ and some tissue paper and you have a totally new, fresh look for your room!
Here's how you do it. It's soooo easy!
Dotted Tissue Paper Lanterns
– White paper lantern
– Collage Pauge™ Instant Decopauge (Matte Finish)
– foam brush
– several sheets of tissue paper in colors of your choice.
Step 1: Fold Tissue Paper
1. Fold tissue paper into several layers as shown.
Step 2: Cut Circles and Apply
Cut circles into your tissue paper. I used a punch at first, but honestly it didn't work very well. My shapes were irregular, but if you notice, it doesn't hurt the overall aesthetic of the piece.
Use a foam brush or your finger to apply Collage Pauge in little areas at a time (you don't want to spread it all over cause it will dry before you get to some parts). I chose to have heavy dots at top that tapered down into smaller dots as I went.
Step 3: Tips and Ideas!
1. Don't forget to buy your lightbulb and cord to complete the look when you buy your lantern! But, you might just want it hanging on its own without a light. It will illuminate and glow in your room if hit by sunlight!
2. Try this idea on the little medium or mini string lanterns. Using tissue paper in a rainbow of colors would be soooo pretty!
3. This project isn't too time intensive, but it did take me 3 or so hours to complete. It would be the perfect thing to do while watching the tube!