With the new Double Bunk Speaking Tube double-bunk-mates top and bottom can can communicate freely at a whisper while lying comfortably in their bunk.
Typical of my instructibles the cost of this solution is approximately zero dollars. That is equivalent to free in almost any currency in the world.
All you need is a flexible hose (an old dishwasher discharge hose in this case), two PET bottles, duct tape (of course), and something to cut the bottles with.
Assembly is so simple it would be insulting of me to post a step-by-step. Just:
- Make two trumpets out of the bottles. These could also be referred to as "funnels" because when you put jokes in one end the funnel come out the other. boom boom!
- Duct tape around the cut edges in case they are a bit sharp.
- Tape the trumpets onto each end of the hose
- Set up one end at the top bunk and the other at the bottom.
- Offer the operators a quick introduction to wireless protocol - over.
I hope you enjoyed this simple idea. My kids certainly did. Please feel free to comment or ask questions.
I've entered in the latest toys contest so if you like my idea for cheap simple fun for kids please consider voting.