- 1 3/4 cup (210g) flour
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240mL) cream (or milk or 1/2 of each)
- 1/2 cup (120mL) vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces (340g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Add wet ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Stir in most of the chocolate chips, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Distribute evenly into 12 lined muffins tins.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotating the pan after 10.
Let cool on a wire rack. These are great for breakfast with coffee (albeit probably the least healthy breakfast one could imagine), or as a treat with a glass of milk.