This instructable is how to turn an ordinary flashlight into a versatile double flashlight. I took an old flashlight my father-in-law was going to throw away and transformed it so that it would still work as a flashlight, but also have a flash drive in it that I can use for covert data storage.
Step 1: Assess Your Flashlight
In this step you need to determine what you will need to do to modify your flashlight. I took mine apart and laid out all the pieces to figure out what I would need to do. I wanted to keep most of the flashlight intact so it would keep that vintage look.
Here are the parts of the flashlight
4. lens cap
5. end cap
1. case - some dents but the switch works well. Also has a setting that allows you to send morse code. I don't know morse code, but I think that is cool.
2. reflector - A few scratches, but works well
3. lens - a few scratches but intact
4. lens cap - looks like it has a serious dent, but screws on okay with a little effort
5. end cap - slight dents and has a loop which is cool.
6. bulb - great condition
I ended up keeping everything but the bulb. Your flashlight may be different so I encourage you to see what you want. I got rid of the bulb because I wanted to run it off less battery power to free up space in the case for the flash drive.